Preacher robes are not a category of garments that most people are routinely in the habit of buying, which probably complicates the process for new or first time buyers. It’s not like you can just go to the department store or the outlet down the street and stock up on the latest and greatest looks, especially since not that much changes from season to season. With that in mind, here are some key selling points for concluding your shopping.
- Know what you’re looking for: First off, you need to know what you’re looking for before you start looking. These are really specialty garments and vestments you’re talking about, and not every supplier is going to have what you need. For example, a seller might have a huge collection of robes but no clergy shirts or other clerical accessories. Make it a one stop shop, since it’ll be hard enough to shop for in the first place.
- Find a supplier that sells that variety in a lot of colors: Color symbolism is important in liturgical services and is reflected in the vestments that priests, preachers and other clergymen and women members wear. For example, black is used to connote severity and reflect the secular services that preaching robes entail, whereas white signifies the purity of divine love, or Caritas. There are many other important colors, too, so make sure your supplier has what you need.
- Find a supplier that sells more than one style of robe: Whether you are looking for clergy robes, clergy stoles, cassocks or other garments, it’s important that your supplier has more than one style. Actually, beyond style, you’ll want more than one character in your pulpit robes for men and women. Sometimes you need to put a serious air across, and sometimes you may want to infuse some levity into the sermon. You can do that without variety.
- Customer service is key: A supplier of preacher robes should also serve up some real customer service. After all, if you aren’t sure what you need to begin with, it pays if your supplier does. Whatever your questions are, a seller of vestments should be quick with the answers, and if they aren’t they should be quick to find them out.
- Don’t forget high quality vestments: High quality is important too, just as important as everything else covered so far in this list. Look for a supplier that uses only the finest fabrics in the construction of their preacher robes, dresses and other liturgical vestments and garments.
- Retail vs. online shopping: As convenient as it is to shop online, sometimes it’s more beneficial to actually be able to interact with what you’re buying. This is true of other clothes, so it’s just as true for liturgical vestments. The best situation is finding a supplier that sells not only online but also through a physical outlet. That way, you can visit them in-store and investigate their quality for yourself, if you have any qualms.
These are some of the points that you should keep at the forefront of your search for preacher robes and other vestments, but to keep things simple, you should do your shopping with Divinity Clergy Wear.
They meet all of the requirements set forth in this article and then some others, just as a bonus. Their selection is with comparison, their customer service is great, and best of all, you can shop online at DivinityClergyWear.com or visit them in their showroom in Hamilton, New Jersey. Start your search online today, and if you want to visit them in store, give them a call to set it up at 877-453-3535.